Sunday 11 November 2012

Autumn Run

How great it felt to be out running again.  It was hard to believe that the Greensands Marathon was just three weeks ago.  I felt like I hadn't been for a long run in ages.  

Just after 9am this morning I drove the 4 miles to Magog Down to then run along the Roman Road to Linton Water Tower.  It was such a beautiful morning and I was glad I took a camera with me.  I stopped on the way out to take a few photos, which meant I really appreciated my surroundings and it made me take my time on the outgoing run.  

I hadn't really decided how far I was going to go.  I figured I'd run for at least 13 miles, but hopefully get up to 16 miles.  My legs felt fine on the way out and I reached the Water Tower without any hitches.  This got me 7.5 miles from the start.  I turned round here and headed back.  I told myself that if all felt good I'd add on a few miles at Magog Down to take my total mileage up to 18 miles.  This is exactly what I did, and although my legs felt fine I felt exhausted.  I had to summon up a huge amount of will power to add the few extra miles on the end, the temptation to head straight back to the car was very strong.  I'm pleased that I got an 18 mile run under my belt, although the last 3 miles felt incredibly slow.





Approaching the Water Tower at approximately half-way

1 comment:

  1. Those pix are beautiful! I'm almost at 3 weeks sans running and hoping that my ankle will let me get back to it without any further hiccups. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete